Mica Sirena (The Little Mermaid) in Piatra Neamt is a fairly close replica of the famous mermaid statue in Copenhagen, albeit with a different face. The statue originally was placed in Piata Libertatii (Liberty Square) near a statue of Stefan The Great in the center of Piatra Neamt, Moldavia, Romania. map
The plaque on the base of the statue states that the Mica Sirena mermaid statue donated to the city of Piatra Neamt in year 2000, in honor of Queen Margrethe of Denmark visiting the city.
This is one of the many copies of Edvard Eriksen's original mermaid statue placed in Copenhagen harbor in 1913.
These are the copies of this statue that I am aware of:
- Brazil, Brasilia, Navy HQ
- China, Shenzhen, Window of the World
- Denmark, Copenhagen, Carlsberg Breweries
- Denmark, Copenhagen, Tivoli Gardens
- Japan, Yokohama
- Romania, Pietra Neamt
- South Korea, Seoul
- Spain, Madrid, Parque Europa
- Virgin Islands, St. Thomas, Charlotte Amalie
- USA, California, Glendale
- USA, California, Solvang
- USA, Connecticut, Greenwich
- USA, Iowa, Kimballton
- USA, Michigan, Greenville
- USA, Utah, Salt Lake City, International Peace Gardens
● The Little Mermaid (Copenhagen, Denmark)
● The Mermaids of Earth coffee-table book: See page 45 in the book about this sculpture.