There are some differences from the original statue, notably the facial features.
The park is lavishly landscaped and has scale model replicas of 17 monuments throughout Europe plus an original piece of the Berlin Wall. Monuments represented include London Bridge, Michelangelo's David, Dutch windmills, the Eiffel Tower, The Little Mermaid statue and 12 others.
This is one of the many copies of Edvard Eriksen's original mermaid statue placed in Copenhagen harbor in 1913.
These are the copies of this statue that I am aware of:
- Brazil, Brasilia, Navy HQ
- China, Shenzhen, Window of the World
- Denmark, Copenhagen, Carlsberg Breweries
- Denmark, Copenhagen, Tivoli Gardens
- Japan, Yokohama
- Romania, Pietra Neamt
- South Korea, Seoul
- Spain, Madrid, Parque Europa
- Virgin Islands, St. Thomas, Charlotte Amalie
- USA, California, Glendale
- USA, California, Solvang
- USA, Connecticut, Greenwich
- USA, Iowa, Kimballton
- USA, Michigan, Greenville
- USA, Utah, Salt Lake City, International Peace Gardens
● The Little Mermaid (Copenhagen, Denmark)
● The Mermaids of Earth coffee-table book: See page 82 in the book about this sculpture.