A 3/4 scale bronze reproduction of Denmark's sculpture in Copenhagen harbor of The Little Mermaid was installed on the waterfront of the Han River close to the Mapo Bridge in Seoul in 2016. map
The statue was unveiled by both Danish and South Korean government officials in an effort to strengthen relations between the two countries.
It is located in a pool, in a popular large park on the riverfront, in the midst of lots of people and activity, and is seen daily by many.
These are the copies of this statue that I am aware of:
- Brazil, Brasilia, Navy HQ
- China, Shenzhen, Window of the World
- Denmark, Copenhagen, Carlsberg Breweries
- Denmark, Copenhagen, Tivoli Gardens
- Japan, Yokohama
- Romania, Pietra Neamt
- South Korea, Seoul
- Spain, Madrid, Parque Europa
- Virgin Islands, St. Thomas, Charlotte Amalie
- USA, California, Glendale
- USA, California, Solvang
- USA, Connecticut, Greenwich
- USA, Iowa, Kimballton
- USA, Michigan, Greenville
- USA, Utah, Salt Lake City, International Peace Gardens
● The Mermaids of Earth coffee-table book: See page 165 in the book about this sculpture.