Mica Sirena (The Little Mermaid) is a fairly close replica of the famous mermaid statue in Copenhagen, albeit with a different face. The statue sits in Piata Libertatii (Liberty Square) near a statue of Stefan The Great in the center of Piatra Neamt, Moldavia, Romania. Map
The plaque on the base of the statue states that the Mica Sirena mermaid statue was given by Queen Margrethe of Denmark to the city of Piatra Neamt in year 2000, while visiting.
This is one of the many copies of Edvard Eriksen’s original mermaid statue placed in Copenhagen harbor in 1913.
These are the copies of this statue that I am aware of:
- Brazil, Brasilia
- China, Senzhen, Window of the World
- Denmark, Copenhagen, Carlsberg Breweries
- Denmark, Copenhagen, Tivoli Gardens
- Japan, Yokohama
- Romania, Pietra Neamt
- South Korea, Seoul
- Spain, Madrid, Parque Europa
- Virgin Islands, St. Thomas, Charlotte Amalie
- USA, California, Glendale
- USA, California, Solvang
- USA, Connecticut, Greenwich
- USA, Iowa, Kimballton
- USA, Michigan, Greenville
- USA, Utah, Salt Lake City, International Peace Gardens
Additional images: If you would like to help with additional photographs of this mermaid sculpture, please contact us. Photos must be yours, 10 megapixel or better. We can only accept photos if you give us full rights to use them in print and digital media.