There are some differences from the original statue, notably the facial features.
The park is lavishly landscaped and has scale model replicas of 17 monuments throughout Europe plus an original piece of the Berlin Wall. Monuments represented include London Bridge, Michelangelo’s David, Dutch windmills, the Eiffel Tower, The Little Mermaid statue and 12 others.
This is one of the many copies of Edvard Eriksen’s original mermaid statue placed in Copenhagen harbor in 1913.
These are the copies of this statue that I am aware of:
- Brazil, Brasilia
- China, Senzhen, Window of the World
- Denmark, Copenhagen, Carlsberg Breweries
- Denmark, Copenhagen, Tivoli Gardens
- Japan, Yokohama
- Romania, Pietra Neamt
- South Korea, Seoul
- Spain, Madrid, Parque Europa
- Virgin Islands, St. Thomas, Charlotte Amalie
- USA, California, Glendale
- USA, California, Solvang
- USA, Connecticut, Greenwich
- USA, Iowa, Kimballton
- USA, Michigan, Greenville
- USA, Utah, Salt Lake City, International Peace Gardens
More data is needed on this sculpture. If you have relevant information, please contact us.
Additional images: If you would like to help with additional photographs of this mermaid sculpture, please contact us. Photos must be yours, preferably 10 megapixel or better.