Just north of Hong Kong is the city of Shenzhen, with a theme park called Window of the World. Inside, visitors can see famous buildings, monuments and tourist attractions from about 130 locations around the world. One of the attractions is a replica of Denmark’s famous statue The Little Mermaid. map
Just as with several other replicas of Edvard Eriksen’s famous statue, is not an exact copy, but a close approximation.
Window on the World opened in 1994, and can be reached via the Hong Kong Metrorail system.
These are the copies of this statue that I am aware of:
- Brazil, Brasilia
- China, Senzhen, Window of the World
- Denmark, Copenhagen, Carlsberg Breweries
- Denmark, Copenhagen, Tivoli Gardens
- Japan, Yokohama
- Romania, Pietra Neamt
- Spain, Madrid, Parque Europa
- Virgin Islands, St. Thomas, Charlotte Amalie
- USA, California, Glendale
- USA, California, Solvang
- USA, Connecticut, Greenwich
- USA, Iowa, Kimballton
- USA, Michigan, Greenville
- USA, Utah, Salt Lake City, International Peace Gardens
The Little Mermaid (Copenhagen, Denmark)
More data is needed on this sculpture. If you have relevant information, please contact us.
Additional images: If you would like to help with additional photographs of this mermaid statue, please contact us. Photos must be yours, preferably 10 megapixel or better.